Thursday, February 5, 2015

Best of January: A Month in Review

I know everyone is probably saying this, but holy cow: The first month of 2015 is already over! After changing jobs, starting graduate school and getting married last year, I'm happy to report my first month of 2015 was much more relaxing. Here's a quick rundown of my going-ons for January:

Most Popular on Instagram & Notable Events

1 | 2 | 3 | 4

Three of these photos are actually throwbacks; the only thing pictured above that actually happened in January was reading A Storm of Swords. ;) If you missed it, I also guest posted for the Girl Gone International account for a week in January and had a boatload of fun! As far as traveling/weekend outings, my husband and I rang in the new year in Pasadena with my family. (The weekend involved lots of football-watching, drinking and walking around town.) We then drove down to the Central Valley the next weekend to celebrate a belated Christmas with my other side of the family (holidays certainly multiply when you're a child of divorce). Luckily, the next two weekends were fairly relaxing (aside from me doing a ton of homework), and we managed to squeeze in two day trips to San Francisco and a night of drinks in Palo Alto for a friend's birthday. This month is shaping up to be similarly low-key, but we have lots of trips planned for the spring!

Most Popular on the Blog
5. Never have I ever ... (January 14)
4. I believe ... (January 19)
3. 5 Books to Read in 2015 (January 16)
2. 5 Best (Complete) Television Series on Netflix (posted November 14, 2014)
1. The Best of 2013: Read (posted December 19, 2013)
*Not including book challenge posts (or those would always be the most popular!).

Also Posted in January
>> Baanchang Elephant Park: Chiang Mai, Thailand (January 27)
>> The First Ten Things to do After Getting Engaged (January 21)
>> Bayon Temple, Angkor Thom, Cambodia (January 6)
>> Banteay Srei, Siem Reap, Cambodia (January 13)
>> My Week with Girl Gone International (January 20)
>> Currently: Sunshine, margaritas and Westeros (January 25)
>> By the Numbers: 2014 (January 5)
>> Reader Survey Results & What to Expect in 2015! (January 29)
>> Best of December: A Month in Review (January 8)
>> More & Less in 2015 (January 1)



On My Bookshelf

A Storm of Swords, George R.R. Martin // The Bookseller of Kabul, Asne Seierstad
The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society, Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
A Moveable Feast, Ernest Hemingway // The Book of Unknown Americans, Cristina Henriquez
This Book is Overdue!: How Librarians and Cybrarians Can Save Us All, Marilyn Johnson

(Looks like I'm making a good start of reading more nonfiction in 2015! Half the books I read in January were nonfiction.)

How was your start to 2015?

Linking up with Kristen and Bri for Through the Lens.

No comments: