Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Sunshine Award

Well, my month is starting off with all sorts of good news! My little brother might come visit me for his spring break next weekend, and Kristen at A Lovely Mist nominated me for my first-ever chain blog! (I don't really know what they're called, so I'm calling it a chain blog. Is there an "official" name?) I'm excited to share that Kristen has nominated me for:

The Sunshine Award!

Sunshine Award Rules
  1. Include the award’s logo in a post or on your blog.
  2. Answer 10 questions about yourself.
  3. Nominate 10-12 other fabulous bloggers.
  4. Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated.
  5. Share the love and link the person who nominated you.

Sunshine Award Questions

Favorite color? I do admit I like pink, but I think I would have to say green is my favorite. There is such a thing as too much pink, but I can never get enough green!

Favorite animal? If you know me at all, you know it's obviously a turtle! :)

Source: twitpic.com via Megan on Pinterest

Favorite number? Considering the one thing I miss about high school is playing sports, I'm going to have to pick my jersey number: 23.

Favorite non-alcoholic drink? It's a toss-up between milk and sweet tea. I can drink either with pretty much any meal.


Prefer Facebook or Twitter? Twitter; Facebook has gotten a little trashy. Although most of my close friends and family prefer Facebook. Sigh....

My passion? Traveling and reading. I can't separate the two. I love to travel, but when I can't get on a plane or a train, the next best thing is escaping in a good book (or e-book).
Prefer getting or giving presents? When I have a great gift idea, I prefer giving. Unfortunately, I usually worry too much about picking the perfect present for others, so I'll be selfish and say getting. :)

Favorite pattern? Hmm ... bird patterns are pretty fun.


Favorite day of the week? Sunday! When I was in college, my favorite day was Friday because that was when I had the least responsibilities. Now, that day is Sunday! Plenty of time for me to catch up on my book and/or Netflix and drink copious amounts of coffee and/or tea (and ride my new bike!).

Favorite flower? I love pretty much all types of lilies, but especially tiger lilies.


My Nominations

I've been trying to interact in the blogging world a little more lately, so I think I can rustle up ten lovely ladies I've enjoyed following through the blogosphere. Pop over to their blogs and say hi!

2 comments:

Colette said...

Thanks for the shout out! I will be doing the survey this weekend :)

Meghan said...

Thank you so much! I too love travel and reading:) AMEN!