Friday, March 9, 2012

Friday's Fancies: Week 7


This week's Friday's Fancies theme has me both excited and sad: Spring Break! I'm excited because — duh! — this will be a fun post to put together. But I'm also sad because as a December graduate, I'm missing out on my last college spring break opportunity. Sigh. There's nothing worse than getting included on spring break planning Facebook messages and have to write back: "I CAN'T GO." But it's nice to be included. So, if I did have a spring break this year, I would love to go to the Middle East, maybe to Jordan or Qatar. With that in mind, I definitely wanted to stay on the more conservative side with this beach outfit:




Fashion-wise, I stuck with light fabrics to avoid getting too hot. I've been thinking about buying a yellow dress for this spring, so I fell in love with this bright maxi skirt right away. I also included my must-have beach accessories: Target sunglasses (I lose or break them so often, it's not worth spending more than $20 on a pair), my Kindle (duh!), a National Geographic Traveler magazine and, of course, 55 SPF sunscreen by Neutrogena for my face. My dad bought this for me during track season my freshman year of high school, and I've refused to buy any other brand since. Finally, due to my sensitive skin, I also included a fun beach hat. I don't actually wear hats, but maybe I should start!

7 comments:

Eliza :: Case Study said...

Thanks for leaving me such a sweet comment! I love my Kindle too, so I'm right there with you on that. And that yellow skirt? Too cute! Hope you have a great weekend ahead of you. xoxo, eliza

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

I haven't had a spring break since graduating in 2006 :( I wouldn't mind jet setting and wearing an outfit like this!

Ashlyn | Let It Be Beautiful said...

i know the feeling about not having a spring break -- it has been FOREVER. & i want one bad. love this outfit tho!

xx :: ashlyn
let it be beautiful

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings said...

I love the yellow maxi skirt & the hat! My fair skin would require the 55 SPF sunscreen too!! Thank goodness for self-tanner or I think my pasty white skin would blind people!! ;)

We had fun participating in this Friday's Fancies. We'd love for you to check out our post!

Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

Anonymous said...

Love that you put sunscreen on this list! I use Neutragena as well, I actually kind of like the smell- it's not too sunscreeny :)

Anonymous said...

Kindle is right! And NG is a must! Great picks x

Nicole Rene said...

I'm loving the mix of blue & yellow! So perfect for Spring! And I hear ya... I'm sad I don't get a spring break this year either!! :( Anyway, fabulous outfit & I hope you have a great weekend!

Nicole Rene
http://nicolerenedesign.blogspot.com