Sunday, February 5, 2012

Gift Guide: Valentine's Day for Him


Hello again! I promised when I made my gift guide for girls that I would make one for boys, too, so here it is! As I stated in my original gift guide, I'm more of an "experience" person and not a "gift" person, especially when it comes to Valentine's Day. But, I know many people like to give gifts, and often you can't spend Valentine's Day with the one you love (boo). So here are some ideas that you can send via the mail.

Gifts for Him

 Apple Daisy arrangement, $38, Edible Arrangements

1. An Edible Arrangement. Yes, yes, I know I posted this on the Gifts for Her, but what can I say? I think they're pretty awesome. And again, they even have a variety of options under $50!

Dark chocolate with sea salt & port wine, prices vary, various vendors

2. Wine and chocolate. I personally recommend sea salt dark chocolate, which goes great with port. I first experienced this delicious combination when I was wine-tasting in Sonoma, Calif., with my sister over winter break, and I can't get enough! (Of the sea salt dark chocolate, that is. I don't often drink port by myself.) Shipping wine across state borders can be tricky though (and expensive!), so this might be a better option for couples who live close to each other.

Brown and black picture frames, prices vary, Amazon

3. Something personalized and handmade. In the past, I've made little scrapbooks and puzzle books. I personally like the 8x8 scrapbooks for boys, and I try to theme them so they will be different every time. As far as the puzzle books go, there are a ton of free websites out there that will let you make crosswords and word searches with clues that are all about the two of you! Even just a framed picture of the two of you is a simple and much appreciated gift.

 
Scrabble cufflinks, $60, Uncommon Goods

4. Cufflinks. My boyfriend happens to work at a "fine gentleman's clothing" store, so that definitely influenced this gift suggestion. :) If your significant other doesn't often wear suits, this might not be the best choice, but there are a ton of great options out there if you think your man would wear them. I personally like these Scrabble links, which allow you to pick which letters you want (his initials? a secret phrase between you two?). I also like these for the city boy and these for the kid at heart.

P.S. Be careful when smooching your loved one on Valentine's Day!

No comments: